"The additional hours purchased by the PTSA are greatly appreciated and have drastically improved my ability to provide quality care to all of Garfield's student athletes."
-- Carmay Jones-Isaac, Head Athletic Trainer | Garfield High School -- (As a direct result of PTSA funding, Carmay is able to work 35 hours per week at Garfield rather than only 20.)
"Some of our kiddos often go without proper food, shelter, and essential needs every day. With support from people like you, we will be able to assist many of our kiddos at GHS with essential daily needs."
-- Jahtia Benton, Clinic Coordinator l Garfield High School Teen Health Center
- Student achievement programs: We provide financial support for AmeriCorps teacher aides, Y-Scholars and College Access Now, College & Career Center advising, the Writers in the Schools writing success program, and a variety of other programs.
- Classroom needs: We provide stipends to teachers and also purchase basic classroom supplies, library materials, studio art and photography supplies, sets of books for classrooms, and much more.
- Health and student wellness: We help fund the athletic trainer and provide financial support for students and families in crisis.
- Race and equity: We support the student-driven Congress of Racial Equity (CORE) and its cultural relations program.
- Small grants: These include subsidizing yearbooks for low income 12th graders and supporting the debate and robotics teams, the Black Student Union, and many more.
- Social functions: We help fund social events including the 9th Grade & New Family BBQ, college and career success nights, and the Safe & Sober Grad Night.